Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Different Perspective


On Friday I took a trip back to a place I had not visited in a long time. My ex husband, who remains one of my best friends, needed help getting his RV up to his uncle's farm to store it until he decides whether to sell it or not. He needed me to follow in his truck so he would have a way to get back home.

I was eager to go, I had not seen the members of his family (and I still consider them my family as well) for a very long time. And I had always enjoyed the farm since I had grown up in the Chicago suburbs. It was only about a three and a half hour ride. It went by very quickly and I felt a stab of nostalgia as I turned down the lane surrounded by cornfields on both sides.

Now bear in mind, I had not revisited the farm since embracing the spanking part of my wiring.
I got out of the truck and stretched my legs and looked around. Roy's sister came out to greet us and we all hugged. It was a lovely reunion and as Roy began unloading the truck I just stood and looked around, taking it all in. I had spent quite a bit of time there in my 20's and my son had always loved visiting.

But as I looked around I started seeing things with different eyes. Yes, everything was still as it had been. The farmhouse was exactly the same as were the outbuildings. The barn, the sheds, and the workshop all looked as they had. Only now I could imagine a very different purpose for them. I swallowed very hard as I imagined myself being taken into the barn for a very stern discussion over a bale of hay. Or perhaps behind the barn over one of the thick logs with my jeans at my ankles. Oh did my busy little spanko mind wander. Of course I was in the company of loving but totally vanilla family. Now Roy knows all about me, even though he is not in possession of this particular kink(or feeling). But I did not share with him the fantasies racing through my mind. Switches and straps certainly dominated the implements scene but it was the places that fired my imagination.

I wonder if anyone can guess what my next visit to Fantasy Land will entail.

5 comments:

Abby Williams said...

Hi Purple! Let's hope this doesn't double post this time. Isn't it funny how once spanking is on the brain, everything becomes an opportunity for fantasy? I can easily picture how a farm would be just overflowing with spanking references, once you're tuned in. My husband and I can no longer go out into the world without finding something to make us think kinky thoughts. Our favorite is browsing through antique shops. Tables, desks, walking sticks, barber strops, wooden kitchen utensils... the list goes on. I can't even look at a chair anymore without imagining its kinky possibilities!

Hugs,
Abby

Paige Tyler said...

But it is oh-so-fun how our minds naturally see the potential for a spanking everywhere and anywhere, isn't it?! *grin*

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Purple! And thanks so much for the compliments! Feel free to stop by anytime!

*hugs*
Paige

PK said...

I can only imagine all the ideas in your mind - LOL! I remember last Christmas after I had embraced the spanko lifestyle. There were spanking toys EVERYWHERE!! It was hard to concentrate on vanilla gifts!!

Hugs,
PK

Carolyn said...

This is so true of me, too. When I'm in the vicinity of school, I think rulers and strict teachers strapping me to the desk. When I'm in someone else's apartment, I think about where they would lean over and spank each other. And I definitely can't look at birch trees the same way again after our countryside birching.

I wonder, is it the blogging or were we this imaginative to begin with, although without anyone else to share it to back then?

Anonymous said...

Being taken to a woodshed might not be viewed as a special treat by the vast majority... but it crosses our minds too the rare times we get to visit a farm.

:)
Suzy and Todd