Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Wishes



Thanksgiving Wishes
There is nothing like Thanksgiving. A day to be grateful for all we have, for friends and family far and near. All that we have that makes our lives rich and worthwhile. So as we gobble turkey,eat heaps of stuffing, and pumpkin pie.
Don’t forget the most sacred of all Thanksgiving needs and desires.
Remember wooden spoons don’t just stir gravy.
Spatulas are not just for serving up pie
Bread boards have an impact on more than grains
And those Pilgrim black belts did more than hold up pants




Anyone reading this is sure to agree
That no Thanksgiving would be complete
Without someone having a well roasted seat
Now I hate to be selfish but as far as I can see
This year that someone ought to be me
So sweetie I promise wonderful treats galore
Just be sure to give me what I adore
Flip up my apron, choose your own toy
Let me know what happens if I am too coy
I’ll tease and I’ll brat, I promise to play
Just make sure my backside relishes the day.
I assure you its tradition, if not we can start one
The warmth and the tingle in each happy bun.
And the best part of all, in my happy way
I get to celebrate for more than one day.
While others eat leftovers turkey galore,
My bottom will be quite red and sore.
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all
Especially to the one who answers this call!

4 comments:

PK said...

Purple! I love your writing and I love your spin on this holiday! And I also want to know when in the heck you found that picture!!

Hope you have the chance to be rump roast soon!

Hugs,
PK

Paul said...

Purple, great poem, I do hope that your wish comes true.
Have a great Thanksgiving.
Thanks for the heads up about Betty Page, an interesting lady.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Purple, where do you get these wonderful pictures. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Hugs
Dove

david said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Our toy box contains some wooden spoons and a spatula. They really cause Mthc to squirm around but I love the rosey red look of her cheeks afterwards.

*hugs and grins*