Sunday, November 11, 2007

With Love to Each and Every Vet




BlogAdorn.com


There are many veterans among my family and friends as well as my son's friends. So regardless of your political affiliations and beliefs I do hope you will take a moment today to think about those men and women who serve our country in the armed services. They deserve our respect and our pride in them as selfless human beings.

No, this is not a political forum and this has nothing to do with spanking but I do believe its important for all of us to let them know they are cared about and appreciated.

Being a former(and current hippie)I remember what happened to the Vets that came back from Viet Nam. We treated them shamefully and I certainly hope that never gets repeated again.

Blessings to each and every one now, in the past, and in the future. Thank you for all you do and the sacrifices you make.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice thoughts.

Enjoyed your party post yesterday too. Agree with everything you said. We try to get those folks sitting on the fence to take the plunge and go.

:)
Todd & Suzy

PK said...

Purple,
My Dad was a WWII vet and I have always been so proud of him. In fact during WWII my grandmother has 5 children and one daughter in law in service. I also remember how the Vet were treated in the 70's. It was awful. Right now I just wish ALL the service men and women were HOME so we can show them how much we appriciate them!!!

Hugs,
PK

Anonymous said...

Well done Purple, I too commemorated on the 11th as I do every year. Though I don't agree war is a good thing I do honour those men and women who stood and died for what they believed in.

Hugs
Dove