Thursday, November 8, 2007

Corner Time-Bah Humbug!!

Now maybe cats are willing to put up with this but I think it is the silliest idea in the world. Yes, if I am ordered into the corner by someone I have agreed to have discipline me, I will go. But that will probably be the last time he disciplines me unless we can come to an agreement about this. I know I sound like a terrible submissive but I really believe that discipline is about caring and compassion. It is loving. You don't send someone you love away from you when they are being disciplined. I truly believe you hold them close and let them know how well loved they are.

I truly believe that a good lecture serves the purpose most give for pre spanking corner time. They tell you that it gives you time to comtemplate what you have done. Believe me when I am hearing that strict, quiet voice lecturing me and questioning me on my behavior I am totally focused on what I did. In fact, I usually start to tear up about this point.

As far as post spanking corner time goes, once you are spanked and forgiven, why would you need to be in a corner. Where you need to be is in some one's arms who gives a damn about you and what happens to you. No, its not always a sexual relationship, but there is nothing wrong with affection between a mentor and mentee.

Now, as a switch, I am no hypocrite, I don't put anyone in a corner except for two situations. One is if they tell me they really feel its an important part of the discipline mind set for them, then I give them time in the corner before spanking them. The other situation I have never had to use. Since I am 5'3" tall, the men I have disciplined have all been quite a bit taller than me. I always tell them WAY before the fact that if they try to get away or fight with me, they will find themselves in the corner being paddled. Of course that paddling would be in addition to any discipline they had coming. No one has ever pushed to see if I meant it.

The only other time I even consider corners is for scenes or role plays but that is for another post. Right now I have a story to finish for a very important person and the second part of Caryn and Alexander's evening adventure for all the important people here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, I am very thrilled that neither of the two I am accountable too believe in corner time either.

Although I did have a fantastic scene with someone at a party in July in which I went into the corner. It just seem to fit the scene perfectly and I was in a school girl jumper. First corner time before the spanking with a quiet whisper of a voice telling me that I was naughty, then back to the corner after some spanking and my skirt tucked up. Then more spanking. Didn't finish in the corner though. He finish with wonderful aftercare lotion, and a glass of wine.

Paul said...

Purple, I agree, after the spanking comes the loving, I would never withhold my love from my Mel even after a deserved punishment.
Corner time was used before and after punishments at the orphanage, but then love wasn't an option there.
Mel loved school girl fantasies, in those corner time was used occasionally.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Hermione said...

I agree with you. I can't see the point of corner time, except if it's a necessary part of a planned roleplaying scene. It's another one of those things I was completely unaware of until I started reading blogs.
We don't do punishment spankings, but I do often get a lecture for something done or left undone, and that's more than enough. I wouldn't find corner time either useful or erotic.

Anonymous said...

Nobody puts Purple in the corner!
;-)

Cassie said...

Purple,
Tom has never asked me to stand in a corner and he better not start now! He will sometimes asks me to wait for him in the bedroom, especially if he is particularly upset with me. I suppoese it serves much of the same purpose - I usually do think about whatever he is mad about. I think he often uses the time to calm down.

Love,
Cassie

Cigi said...

Dear Purple Angel,
I couldn't agree with you more...I never have and never will stand in a corner for ANYONE. I believe this is a personal choice and should be only because it's something YOU think you need, not the person spanking you.

Hugs,
Cigi

Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter.