Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gentle Strength-Fantasy


Just so you are not disappointed there are no spankings in this story. But it is a story I blogged on my vanilla blog about a year ago. It is my explanation of the strength that gentle beings possess. It also explains some of my feelings about submission. I do hope you enjoy it even spankless.




Fantasy Journey
Gentle Strength
And so he traveled many a mile on foot. A wanderer with little but the clothes on his back, determination in his soul. and fire in his heart. He searched for a land that was legend where he came from. A land peopled with winged creatures of incredible beauty. He searched for their queen. He believed she held the answer to questions that perplexed his soul. As a gift he brought with him a rare flower the color of the blood that flowed through his brave heart.
He had always believed in the importance of physical strength. Yet these creatures were more fragile than any encountered in any land he knew of.


He believed in the importance of being attached to the place one belonged in, yet these creatures flew, at a moment's notice, seeking the only food that could nourish them.
How could they live thus? Unprotected and yet unafraid. Fragile and yet free. He sought the answer to these riddles.


After many days of travel he came to a series of temple ruins he had been told to look for. Beyond the ruins stood a beautiful tower. And in front of the tower a sight that both frightened and astounded him.


Stepping from a recently hatched shell was a creature of great delicacy and beauty. Her wings fluttered around her back and she showed no fear. "Traveler what do you seek in my land". She smiled and her face lit with beauty.

"I seek your queen, oh fair one," he could not help but stare at the vision before him. He barely noticed the seashore behind her.


She laughed gently. "Ah I see you have brought a rare gift for her. Indeed fit for a queen. I shall bring you to her."


He stepped forward hesitantly, "Do you not fear me? I am unknown to your kind."


Again the gentle laugh, "Do you not fear me? For I am unknown to your kind as well."


"Forgive me but my strength is so much greater than yours. You would be easily crushed, injured, or killed by my hands or boots."


"Oh traveler, there are many forms of strength. We possess the strength to fly for days to seek what sustains us. We possess the strength to balance on the edge of the most delicate of forest plants. Can you say the same?"


The traveler shook his head in wonderment. "No fair one, I do not possess such strength as you describe. But who protects your queen from destruction?"


The lovely creature shrugged, "We have no champion traveler but come, I will take you to our queen. She shook off the remainder of the shell she had come from and beckoned him to follow.
As they walked he saw beautiful winged creatures everywhere. Every color was represented and their delicacy was evident. Yet none showed any fear at his movements.
Soon the creature he followed held up her hand to stop him. "Traveler, yonder sits our queen with her attendants. She will welcome you and the gift you bring. She bowed to him and motioned him forward.


As he walked into the clearing his eyes beheld a sight he could not believe. There sat a winged creature of beauty beyond compare. Her gentle radiance and kindness were evident in her eyes and she smiled warmly in his direction. Attendants fluttered about her as she knelt in their midst. Her wings were folded upon her back and she held out her hand to the traveler.
The traveler bowed to one knee before the radiant queen. "Your Majesty...." and he held out the rare flower he had brought as an offering.


She smiled as she nodded and held out her hand to take the flower. As she grasped the stem her hand drew back and she gasped. "Traveler do you mean to do me harm?" Her attendants fluttered nervously all about her as a drop of blood welled upon her thumb.


He was horrified. "Oh no your Majesty, you see even our most beautiful of flowers need protection and so they grow thorns on their stems to keep them from harm."


The queen nodded, "Ah even the flowers in your land are wise traveler. She gestured around her. "As you see we are without thorns and other such protection. We have neither stinger nor poison to protect us from those that mean us harm. Yet we live our lives freely and without fear. We do what we must to protect ourselves and seek out the nourishment our bodies require." She took the flower more carefully this time and examined it closely. The color and scent aroused her senses and her face flushed a beautiful pink. "Traveler, this is the flower we have sought and never found. Where does it come from. How may we find it. This will bring us nourishment we have never had before."


The traveler gazed at her sorrowfully. "Your Majesty, it comes from my land, many days away from here. Though you have wings the journey would be filled with dangers. Every time you rested there would be creatures that could harm or kill you. Poisonous plants you would not recognize." He gazed at her thoughtfully. "However I have an offer to make. I would beg the privelege of being your protector and the protector of all who are hatched and live here in this land. I could guide you safely to my country to bring back rare plants that could grow here so you never need hunger for them again."


The queen looked thoughtfully at the traveler. "That is a very generous and kind offer. What do you seek in return? Such gifts cannot be taken and not reciprocated."


"I seek to live amongst you and learn your ways. I want to understand your gentle spirit and how you live such fragile lives." He bowed again before her. "I seek to be the consort for a queen, your Majesty." Then he looked up solemnly. "However, if I am to protect you then you must yield to my authority when necessary. When we travel it must be my words that are obeyed by all that come along. Can you agree to such an arrangement."


The queen stood before the traveler. She knelt on one knee and took his hand. "Yes, my lord we can yield to the authority of one who understands our need for independence and flight. We can yield to a heart full of kindness and devotion. We can submit to the authority of one that would protect us at risk to himself."


She stood before him and all her attendants fluttered to the sides. He moved forward and embraced his queen. "I pledge to protect and love you with all that is in my heart and soul. But my queen, my word must be obeyed. I cannot protect those who will not listen."
The queen nodded and turned towards the creatures that inhabited her queendom. "I have accepted this traveler as my consort and lord. His word will be obeyed without question. His word is as my word. We will find freedom in submitting to his authority over our safety as we travel." The queen led the traveler to the temple where he had first approached her land. She laid the lovely red flower down on the silken pillows placed there. "Come my lord and I will soothe you" Their embrace was long and tender.


And as promised he always insured their safety as they traveled to his land seeking the delicate roses that grew there. His words were obeyed and his queen always deferred to his directions. In return he gave her the freedom she needed to fly where her spirit took her. She always returned and he always waited.


In time others of his country ventured back with him and soon the lovely winged creatures learned to care for the strangers that lived among them and in return the strangers became countrymen who loved and protected them
All from one traveler's quest to understand how gentleness could also be strength.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Purple, lovely story, my Mel would understand this, as would most true submissives.
Thank you,
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Quite right! I like your thought. I suggest to fix a theme.