Sunday, December 2, 2007

Amatuer or Pro?


I had a very interesting conversation with a friend about spanking. It was a spanko friend and we were discussing our favorite subject. This friend is aware of my feelings about being a switch but not a Domme in any way. We also discussed my willingness to spank my female friend. At this point my friend offered the opinion that I could make a very good living charging for spanking men and/or women. After a moment of shocked silence I burst into laughter. I assure you this thought had never entered my mind.
No matter how much I needed to be spanked I can't imagine paying someone to do it. I am not criticizing people who choose to make their living this way or those who are comfortable seeking out this kind of spanking experience. Its just not me. I have to feel a connection to the person spanking me or the person I am spanking. At the party I did politely refuse any gentleman that I wasn't truly comfortable talking to and getting to know. And that was for play. I can't imagine going to a stranger that I paid to discipline me.
So I am asking your opinion. How do you feel about the topic of professional spankers? Could you imagine yourself either doing that or seeking it out? Curious minds want to know....actually I am just interested in how others react to this considering my initial reaction.
Of course the fantasy of a Spanking Salon is a lovely one. Different rooms for different tastes and inclinations. But in my mind it is a fantasy, not one I would ever want to try in real life.
Although it certainly would be a more interesting and lucrative job than my current part time internet job. And for sure it would pay more than my writing or my disability income. Hmmm maybe this deserves more thought. (Big Wicked Grins)

3 comments:

Caryagal said...

I think for me, I could never seek out a professional to get a spanking. I do think that if something would ever happen to my husband or he would ever be open to it, I could possibly enjoy being spanked by someone else at a spanking party, or that I had met and talked to through the blogs and got to know some.

Carye

Paul said...

Purple, for me, spanking is such an intimate interaction.
I can't imagine spanking someone that I wasn't very close to. Making it a commercial transaction would spoil it completely.
I've never been to a spanking party, so I have no idea how that would work.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

For myself and many male subs/bottoms it is just a necessary fact of life that going to a professional is sometimes the only option. It a fact, that there are a lot more male subs/bottoms out there than there are female tops/dommes. What surprised me was that after getting over having to use professional services, and I feel absolutely no shame in doing so, I continued to enjoy these services even at times when I could find playmates. These ladies get a lot of practice and have the opportunity to gain a high skill level, they also provide confidentiality and a no strings attached ass whupping (sometimes you just need a spanking without any hassles or attachments).

To anyone thinking of becoming a professional, although the ability to swing a cane, whip or other toy is essential, the ones who can asses a client in less than a ten minute chat and alter their play according to the reactions of the bottom/sub are the really good ones, the ones worth going back too.

Prefectdt