Friday, March 5, 2010

Question of the Week-Is spanking becoming more acceptable?


Ok now for all you spankers and switches, is this an appropriate target? Just kidding around, that is not what I am asking. I found this picture and it was labeled spanking. I suppose her bottom is redder than a usual bottom but I was curious about this. Is our lifestyle becoming more acceptable in society? This is simply a question and really not hoping that it is or is not. It just seems to me that there is more erotic literature appearing in mainstream bookstores that features both spanking and other aspects of bdsm. Lots of these novels feature D/s relationships and have a huge following.
One of the authors I read is Joey W. Hill. She is a pretty good writer and also seems very knowledgeable about spanking, domination, and submission. She has a website and a Yahoo group that I belong to.
This is just one example of a wider mainstream acceptance that seems to be happening. So do weigh in with your opinion. Are we getting our toes out of the closet or are we still in there except with those who are like minded? And do we really want the vanilla world mixed in the spanking world? I look forward to reading what you have to say.

3 comments:

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

Sorry to be so late about this but I have only just noticed that your blog was back and active. I have just read your last few posts, it was such a shock to read about the strokes and everything. To be honest I just thought you had gotten bored of blogging and had given it up.

It is great to have The Purple Angel back. I hope that your health and your life situation carries on improving

Prefectdt (a happy little hortic)

A.S.S. said...

Think spanking is becoming a touch more mainstream. The internet has certainly been a big help. Thanks to blogs like yours, it's easier to see that 'normal' people are into spanking (have families, pay their bills, contribute to their communities, etc). It's a slow process though. Spankos are still a common target for cheap laughs... and anyone that sees spanking as "violent" in anyway is going to have a problem with it. So, getting better but a long ways to go still.

:)
~Todd & Suzy

Danielle said...

If not for the Net I should never have known anything about spanking. So in all honesty I can say that spanking has changed my life for the better and I'm sure I am not the only one. Yet, there is a lot of misunderstanding from vanilla people. You may try explaining to truly interested friends but the world of spanking and the vanilla one are still very apart. There was a news item on the radio about the police taking action against violation within marriage. It's not easy to explain that with spanking it's completely different.