Saturday, February 13, 2010

Yes, angels return

I couldn't believe how long it has been since I blogged. My wings were well and truly clipped by a stroke..well actually two of them. It has taken quite awhile to get to the point where my eyes, fingers, and endurance can handle working on the computer. Believe me I have missed this very much.

The wonderful part of having something horrible happen is finding out how many people truly love and care about you. In fact, if nothing ever happened of much consequence I don't know how to find this out except for intuition. I am going to share some of my story, this is a warning you know. If you aren't interested now is the time to find that other blog you have been meaning to read.

After the first stroke, I lost my housing arrangements. Yes, I was in the hospital and the person I was sharing a house with decided that she did not want me to come back under these circumstances. It was shocking, it was frightening, and ultimately, it was for the best. When you find out that someone you held in high regard as a friend is no longer in your corner, it is time to move on before things get ugly. So when I left the hospital I spent the first two nights in a hotel. This was also scary. I was alone with very poor vision and terrible balance issues. My eating choices were limited since swallowing was also an issue. At that point another friend volunteered to take me in and I gratefully accepted.

Before I go any further I must mention my big brother. Readers of my blog know that I have a big brother in the lifestyle that I am obedient to for life. You can't imagine how much my situation stressed him out. We live quite a distance from each other so between the poor medical care I received initially and my housing situation, he was about to hop a plane. Needless to say he was also very gratetul when my friend stepped forward.

The move was temporary, I had to seek out better medical care since my symptoms were getting worse and my vision was almost no longer functional. The house I went to did not have a separate room for me nor did I have my own bed. This was uncomfortable but not impossible. Many issues arose during my stay there that, unfortunately, have now resolved themselves in a negative way. However, since not everyone that comes into your life is there forever you take the lessons you learn and move past it. They are either there for a reason, a season, or forever. I found out that some people come to teach you things you did not know or understand and then they move on.

After I got into an excellent hospital and received top notch care they sent me to a rehabilitation hospital and the progress continued. Since I still needed a place to stay, my sister wanted me to come and stay with her. This was to be mutually beneficial since my sister and brother in law were struggling and I could help out financially. I don't have much in the way of financial resources but I gave what I could. As I write this I am still at my sister's house but moving in two weeks to stay with a friend as I hunt for apartments. Considering that when I first went into the hospital I could not walk on my own, get up on my own and had to use a wheelchair I am proud to say I am pretty independent these days.

One of the brightest moments of the last few months was the fall party that my Yahoo group hosts. I got lots of email assuming the party was to be cancelled. But I assured one and all that, come hell or high water, that party was on! For purely selfish reasons I needed that party. I had to assure myself I was not only among the living, but back in my spanko community.

The party was a wonderful success and I got spanked, boy did I ever get spanked. The first night I was too tired to do much but by Saturday night I was ready to go! I got spanked and spanked others, what a joy. But my friends the best part was the feeling I got when we all gathered in the social room the first time on Friday night. It was like a family reunion, I felt as though I had come home to people that loved and cared about me. Now don't get me wrong, many were itching to spank me but I was itching to be spanked.

And I got to see, hug, and be spanked by my big brother. When I hugged him the first time, I started crying. I had been so afraid I would never see him again. One of my biggest fears had been that I would have another stroke and die without seeing the people I loved so much.

Now as for the blog, I am going to do my best to post regularly. My group's spring party is coming up in May. It is posted on my Our Need and Desire group, fetlife, and spankolife. I invite one and all to join in the fun. I will post more of the details in the next day or two. But for now my wings are tired and this purple angel is just happy to be back at home.

6 comments:

PK said...

Purple Angel,
I had no idea all of this was going on in your life. Sometimes bloggers just choose not to write any more and I hate to bug them if that's there choice. But I could never bring myself to take you off my blog roll in the hopes you would come back.

Your writing is some of the best I have ever read out here. I look forward to reading more and I am so happy that you party went on. I'm just so glad you're back!

Hugs,
PK

Indy said...

It's so great to hear from you again! I'm glad you're doing so much better and that you've made it through such a tough year.

Hugs,
Indy

Bonnie said...

Hi PA,

Wow, you've really had a tough stretch. I'm glad your recovery is progressing and you are returning to familiar ground. We missed you and it's great to know that you're back!

Hugs,
Bonnie

Jean said...

Hi, and welcome back. You've been through so much. Congrats for all you've come through and how well you are doing! It's great to see you blogging again.

Anonymous said...

Like PK, I too kept following your blog. Imagine my delight to see your post pop up in the list. I am so very sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult stretch but am so glad to see you are back.

Purple Angel said...

Wow you are all terrific and thank you for the warm welcome! Things are improving all the time in my life and I will be sharing that as well as my writings. Thank you PK for that encouragement. Indy, I am so sorry I had to leave Indiana without getting a chance to see you. Any chance for the May party? I know its a long shot but I had to try.:-)
Bloggers and specifically spanko bloggers are the best! I am soo glad to be back!
Hugs to you all,
Purple Angel