Thursday, July 24, 2008

Awakening Jeremy-pt 4 M/f spanking


Part 4

Kara sat down on the couch, crossed her arms and glared at Jeremy. “So when did you take up kidnapping as a hobby? Aren’t you supposed to be Mr. Sensitivity?”

Ignoring the barbed remarks Jeremy went out to the kitchen, “Do you want coffee or anything?” He looked out at Kara who had drawn up her knees, put her arms around them and was staring out the window. Once again, his heart softened, it was just impossible for him to stay angry at her. “Well I am going to change my shirt Kara; I am a little bit damp.” He hoped the comment would bring a smile but she never turned to look at him. Stubborn….she was so incredibly stubborn. She certainly must save all this up for her personal life, if she behaved this way at work, she would never gotten as far as she had.

He pulled his shirt over his head and stopped as an idea occurred to him. Kara’s job was incredibly stressful, just like her class load in high school and college had always been. Maybe her way of blowing off stress was to fly off at people who couldn’t fire her and, who she assumed, loved her. That made a lot of sense to him. Quickly pulling out a new shirt, he slipped it on and went back out to the living room to see if Kara was still there or had left while he was in his bedroom.

She was sitting in the same position on the couch. “I thought you might have left, but I’m really glad you didn’t Kara.” Jeremy sat opposite her on the armchair.

Kara looked at him with a great deal less animosity. “No I know I owe you an apology, but you sure pushed all the right buttons today.”

“You did some button pushing as well Kara; you said some pretty harsh words to me. I have never seen you so out of control. To be honest I really think you need some help in dealing with your temper and how difficult it is for you to control it when you are not getting your own way.” Knowing the answer he asked quietly, “Do you have this problem at work?”

She looked up at him quizzically, “No you know how important my job is to me. Besides I don’t have people trying to push me around all the time. I am the one in charge.”

“And all these years that is what you think. You think I have been trying to push you around, you think your dad tried to push you around, and by coincidence every man you date is trying to push you around. We are always wrong and you are always right. Is that a pretty accurate picture of how you see it?”

When she turned back towards Jeremy he could almost see steam coming out of her ears. “No it isn’t, it’s not a picture, that’s what always happens, but until today I never saw you that way.”

Jeremy nodded, “You’re right, I have not been a very good friend. I haven’t helped you confront your part in all this. I am always too gentle and you end up thinking I am agreeing with you. I am sure some of the guys you have dated made mistakes too. But don’t you think it is a little strange that you always end up without a relationship? You are a lovely woman, smart, funny, and very caring. So why do you think it always turns out this way?”

Sitting straight up on the couch, she scowled at Jeremy and her brown eyes darkened further. “I don’t know why and neither do you. I apologized for throwing the ice at you. You certainly are no help today and I am going home.” She grabbed her jacket from the couch and headed for the front door but Jeremy beat her to it.

“Not this time Kara, this time I am going to be the loving friend I should have been all along.” He looked at her sternly with his very best teacher look. “Please sit back down on the couch”. Kara looked puzzled and irritated. “Now Kara”, and though he did not raise his voice there was a tone she had never heard before. It had the desired effect and she went to sit down on the couch.

Jeremy sat opposite and looked at her seriously but there was no anger in his face or voice. “The fact is Kara that you have undermined every relationship you have been in since I have known you. When you don’t get your way you become someone I hardly know. Suddenly the lovely smile and the twinkle in your wonderful eyes are gone and a very shrewish woman shows up. I have known you a long time, I watched you treat your mom and dad that way. But up until today I never experienced it first hand. You hurt me Kara and made me angry. Do you realize how hard it is to make me angry?”

Kara’s eyes pooled with tears. “Why are you being mean to me Jeremy, I said I was sorry. You have never been mean to me, I have always been able to count on you to listen and care.”

Heaving a deep sigh Jeremy continued, “First of all you never did say you were sorry, you said you owed me an apology. Secondly I am not being mean, I couldn’t be mean to you for any reason ever. You see Kara I want you to count on me, always. But from now on you will be counting on me for the truth. And what I said at the restaurant is the truth; you were acting like a brat, just as you have in the past.”

“Oh is that so, and I suppose you are going to put me in time out like your students. And since you are being so literal, I am very sorry I threw ice in your face, but you know what, I now can see you are like all the rest.”

Jeremy almost started laughing at the look on her face, the scowl was back with angry tears and she was nearly pouting. “No Kara, I don’t think you need time out but I do think I know what you need. You aren’t going to like hearing this but I think the time has come to pay for your behavior. I can’t speak for the other men in your life but I don’t deserve the treatment I got today. Its not just the ice but the cruel words you said.” He took a very deep breath, “What I think you need is a good spanking.”

If Jeremy had said he was going to fly to the moon Kara could not have been more shocked. Her eyes opened wide and she looked at Jeremy as if he had started speaking a foreign language. “Have you lost your mind Jeremy? Spanking? What makes you think I would put up with such barbaric treatment? And friend or no friend if you lay a hand on me I am going straight to the police.”

Jeremy sat quietly listening to Kara’s outburst. It was totally expected and he would have been much more surprised if she had immediately agreed. After a few moments of letting the weight of his words settle he began again. “You are quite right Kara, I would never think of doing such a think without your permission….”

“Which”, she interrupted, “you are not getting.”

Ignoring her statement he continued, “However, if you can’t agree to this then there has to be a change in our relationship. I will always be your friend but I will no longer be able to listen to your relationship problems. If you won’t take responsibility for your own behavior or even listen to changes you might make then there is nothing I can do to help you. And I hate watching you get hurt time after time making the same mistakes.” He sat back in the chair watching Kara’s shocked expression.

“But Jeremy, I said I was sorry. I don’t want to lose your friendship. I mean, you have always been there for me, what would I do without you?” And as he watched tears began to run down her face. “How can you just cut me off this way?”

Jeremy leaned forward and spoke very softly, he was done keeping secrets. As far as he was concerned it was now or never. “Kara, I will always be your friend but watching you hurt yourself while I stand by helpless is just something I can’t do anymore. You see Kara; I can’t do this…because I love you.” He took a deep breath. “I have loved you for so long I don’t remember a time that I don’t remember a time when I knew you and didn’t love you. I know I should have said something long before this but you never seemed to show that type of feeling towards me.

Kara, you have been my best friend for such a long time, we have gone through so much together, but I won’t be able to talk about these situations anymore since you refuse to do anything to help change the problems you face.”
Jeremy sat back in the chair and waited for a response from Kara. It wasn’t long in coming.

Her voice was soft but intense, “Oh God Jeremy, you love me? You truly mean that?” Kara looked not only surprised but confused. “How could you want to spank me if you love me, that makes no sense? You love me but want to hurt me?”

“No Kara, I love you and want to help you. I think you need this very badly. You have run roughshod over every man in your life and its time to stop and choose another way of behaving. So, my dear Kara, it is your decision.”

Without a trace of anger Kara looked over at Jeremy. “Well this does seem to change things doesn’t it?” There was a long pause. “I think I have made my decision.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Part 4 is awesome, just like the other 3 parts. I am enjoying this so much, thanks.

Jean

Paul said...

Purple, this is great writing, love it.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

PK said...

Purple I agree that it is great writing but you sure picked a lousy place to stop!!! When Nick read this this morning he said, 'You're going to be mad.' Well I am not mad but I sure am looking forward to the next part!!

Hugs,
PK

Purple Angel said...

I am glad no one is angry about the cliffhangers but I do think they make for a better story experience. Thanks to all of you.
Hugs,
Valorie