Friday, April 25, 2008

The Lusty Month of May

If any of you saw the movie or the play Camelot you would recognize the title of this blog as one of the songs from the movie. It is also the theme of the party my Yahoo group is having next weekend.

While I am very excited I am also very nervous. I have had lots of parties in my life but none of them included spanking. It is kind of a small party, about 20 people. We are having it at a hotel and I really think everyone will have a great time.

One of the interesting things about spanking parties is the need for gender balance. Now my party started out to be a chance for people belonging to the same group to meet in real life. As such I was not about to kick the guys out to achieve gender balance. But many spanking groups will keep a balance of single women and single men. Couples never are a problem.

But what has occured to me lately is that I doubt anyone is taking into account the number of men and women who are Tops, Bottoms, and Switches. There is almost a set in cement thought process labeling all men as Tops, and all women as Bottoms. And no one knows where to put the Switches.(and no I don't mean the ones that grow on willow trees). After all wouldn't the balance be more about how many Tops and Bottoms. And I think Switches should really be encouraged to attend since they play both ways.

It is a tricky business that's for sure, but I am hoping this next weekend works out well. In my mind that means we all get to know each other, anyone who wants a spanking gets at least one, and anyone wishing to give a spanking gets that option also. If my guess is correct, however, everyone should have more than one opportunity.

And I assure you, I may be running the party but I plan on having a wonderful time as well. My wonderful GC is going to be there and my "older brother", so what more could a girl ask for? Well being the greedy spanko I am, I honestly am looking forward to playing with some gentlemen I have never had the pleasure of playing with before.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Purple, I hope that your party is a great success and that you all have fun.
Warm hugs,
Paul.