Friday, April 25, 2008

A letter of gratitude






I decided to share a letter I wrote to my "older brother". I know I have written about him a number of times but it was important to me to share with him the difference he has made in my life. You can see by the picture in the upper right hand corner how I can now feel strong and in control of my life, the second picture is really a good depiction of how I used to view the world. And of course, spanking is a part of our brother/sister relationship. And that is what our relationship is about. We may not have been born into the same families but I will never regret the day he wanted to help me get my life in order and find my strengths as opposed to focusing on my weaknesses. As you can tell by the spanking picture, I am never afraid of him and he never treats me in a harsh or cruel manner. His spankings are also a gift of love and as such I know he wants me always to be the best I can.


To my dear brother,




After our conversation this morning I spent some time thinking about the difference you have made, not just in my life, but in many lives.You are not only a father to F. but you helped C. find himself as well. Each life you touch also touches others. Your part in my life has had a lasting effect on GC's life even though he may not realize it. Every woman that so willingly answers to you has an impact on other lives. You are part of that impact as well.




So here I am, happier than I have ever been in my life. I am able to not only embrace the person I am but truly love what that person is becoming. And I have many people in my life that have made huge differences but none has even come close to how your presence has impacted on me, and not just my bottom.




You taught me that true beauty is what comes from within, not always what is viewed on the outside. Never once have you spoken to me in a way that made me feel unloved or unworthy. Even in my worst moments you always make me feel loved, worthwhile, and deeply cared about.




I know how much this has meant to me and the fact that you give so much of yourself to so many and still found time for me will always be met with true love and gratitude from all the parts of me. Whether its the eight year old, the sixteen year old, or the fifty six year old does not matter. You gave me a gift I never thought would be mine. A gift beyond price or measure. I now have an older brother looking after me, helping me make smart decisions based on where I am going, and not where I have been.Thank you today and every day for such unselfish and caring gifts.




Your little sister

3 comments:

Paul said...

Purple, great letter, it's always good to let your benefactors know how you feel about them.
Good that you have someone like him in your life.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

PK said...

You are lucky to have had someone like this come into your life. Of course he is pretty lucky too.

Hugs,
PK

Purple Angel said...

Thanks PK and Paul,
I am very lucky indeed. I have a wonderful older brother and a man that I care very much about on another level. Such blessings for one person.

And many thanks to both of you for your comments.
Love,
Purple Angel