Thursday, April 17, 2008

Changing Roles


When I started on this journey I thought of myself as a submissive spankee. It never even occured to me to spank anyone else. Those of you who have read my experience with my first spanking know that I was introduced to being the spanker by the man who spanked me. Although he considers himself a Dom, he also likes to be spanked as well.
The first time I tried it, I thought it was interesting but, again, I really didn't see myself in this role. As I got to know more people with the same interest that I had, namely spanking, I met many with the same problem I had. There was no one they could find to spank them. Since most of us have been in that situation at one time or another we all understand the frustration and how overwhelming the need can be at times.
So one of my friends asked if I would spank him. He wanted and needed a disciplinary spanking. Well, I figured I could do a decent enough job. I had done a lot of community theatre and can play a role. I agreed to do it but only with implements I was totally comfortable using, I did not want to cause any unintentional harm.
The session went very well and he was pretty impressed. When he first saw me he said I was kind of small as were my hands. I assured him looks could be deceiving. My hands are small but they do spank quite firmly depending on the situation. He also appreciated the fact that I did nothing demeaning to him and although I was stern, I was not cruel or mean.
He did leave my house with a very red backside and after many hugs. I am a stickler on aftercare for both spanker and spankee. As I reflected on the afternoon I realized there was a certain satisfaction in not only helping out a friend but in being the top. After all I was definitely the dominant person in every classroom I taught. A submissive teacher would have nothing but chaos. I also was absolutely sure that I could not be a harsh or mean top, it is just not part of me.
As I have continued through these last few years, I have come to appreciate switching very much. I am definitely a bottom switch, if given a choice I would like my backside over a lap. But the maternal part of me does like to provide what naughty boys need (as long as they are over the age of 18). No one has ever complained and in fact they usually want to play with me again. The other fun part is at a party if I play with a male switch we get to take turns!
I have also had a chance to spank female friends and that has worked out really well. Once again, the mom part of me just takes over. Fortunately I do have chances to get spanked as well and I also am disciplined when I am not the best I can be, but that is a post for another day.
So I found out all switches don't grow on trees, sometimes the ability to switch just grows in your heart.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Purple, it's good that you have found your niche.
Thanks for this post.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Cigi said...

Purple Angel, I loved your post! I have not met too many switches who examined both sides of themselves so thoroughly.

And, yes, I believe you have to want to switch in your heart. I think when you just get talked into it, the enjoyment isn't really there unless you really wanted to switch all along...am I making sense? lol

Again, thanks for a thought provoking and insightful post.

Big hugs,
Cigi

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you and envy your friend.