Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Are Those Arrows Really Necessary?


Happy Valentine's Day to one and all! As you can see our friend Cupid aimed for the wrong target. Evidently she felt no need to be pierced by an arrow to fall in love.
Its actually a good point(pun intended). Why does love have to be so painful? And no I am not talking about spanking at the moment. I am talking about the angst we so often go through to find that "one" person. Sometimes we talk ourselves into believing that this is the only person on earth we could ever love. The truth, from my point of view, is that our hearts are capable of infinite amounts of love, different types of love, and receiving love as well.
So hopefully our friend Cupid will have learned a lesson. It doesn't always have to be painful finding someone to have as part of your life. Yes that is true for spankos, vanillas, and anyone else.
But then again there is John Mellencamp's song, "Hurts So Good". Hmm I think now we are talking about spanking.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Purple, you certainly have a point.
I think Cupid should have horns, the little chap can be a real trouble maker.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

It's funny that mention Mellencamp. I was perusing my library yesterday and smiled as I listened to "Hurts So Good" for the exact reason you just mentioned.

Purple Angel said...

Thanks Paul,yes he can be a real pain in the posterior that is for sure,lol.

And I have always wondered about Hurts So Good and just whether John understands it the same way so many of us do.
Hugs,
Valorie